Our statement of faith reflects our understanding of God in the Scriptures. Our statement of faith is also the same as Community Christian Ministries (CCM) out of Moscow, ID, the ministry that oversees the Brushfire. You can contact us if you have any questions or concerns about what we believe.
- There is one God, eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- The Old and New Testaments, as originally written, are the verbally-inspired Word of God, and are the supreme and all-sufficient authority in faith and life.
- Man was created in the image of God, but sinned and thereby incurred not only physical death, but also spiritual death, which is eternal separation from God. Each human being is born with a sinful nature and cannot, by his own efforts, please God
- The Lord Jesus Christ was conceived by the Holy Spirit, was born of the Virgin Mary, and is true God and true man.
- The Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins as our vicarious sacrifice in accordance with the Scripture, and all who believe in Him are cleansed of their sins by His shed blood and are justified before God.
- All who by faith receive the Lord Jesus Christ, born again of the Holy Spirit become the children of God, to live with Him through all eternity.
- The crucified body of our Lord was raised from the dead. He ascended into heaven and, in His present life there, is our High Priest and Advocate.
- The just and unjust are both raised from the dead; with the eternal blessedness for the saved and the everlasting, conscious punishment for the lost.
- The Lord Jesus Christ will return to this earth, personally, visibly and gloriously.